.nomedia-files prevent loading songs

Hi Support,

I use ".nomedia"-files to prevent certain folders from being scanned by music players/libraries. So the songs also won't show up in the MSC-library, which is fine.

But when I use the Folder-View to select files, I can't select files in folders , that contain a ".nomedia"-file.
Even if I use 3rd-party file-managers to open the files with MSC, there will be a "file-not-found-error".

Could you please remove this restriction, when choosing songs via Folder-View?
Thanks a lot!!

PS: I also use ".nomedia" to prevent my photo-gallery from getting flooded with music-album-pictures ;-)

Comments

• Since Android 11, we are not able to see files in .nomedia folders by default, because it requires a special permission (All Files Access) that Google only grants usage of upon review to apps who's main purpose is show or access all files, like file managers or virus scanners. We're only able to see files that are indexed by the MediaStore which .nomedia prevents.

There is another option - we could add a button or menu option to allow the user to grant permission to each folder through some dialogs. It's cumbersome for the user but better than nothing. I'll see how intensive it would be to add that in the Folders section and add it to the roadmap.
  • Ok, I understand. If you could implement that, it would be great! Thanks a lot :-)
    PS: I also have the Beta-Version installed, if you need testers.
  • Oh, BTW, it does work with "Music Speed Changer Classic". On the same Device, running Android 11. I can access subfolders with .nomedia-restriction.
  • Yes, the Classic app isn't updated yet to target Android 11 or higher, so the restrictions aren't imposed. It will have to be eventually.