Select a track without play starting

Is there a way to select a song without play starting? It would be useful to select a track and be able to change tempo or pitch first before playing it. having the editor open up but not play when you select a track would be useful. At the moment it seems you have to select the track, press pause, open the editor, adjust tempo/pitch, then play.

Comments

• I would find this useful too. I'm simply playing tracks for a dance class.

If I have the tracks in a playlist then I can skip to the next one without it starting, so long as play was stopped before skipping. If I search for a track that wasn't in my playlist then it starts straight away and I don't get an opportunity to look at the display and adjust the volume. If the track has a few seconds of silence at the start, it's not a problem, but if it starts straight away then I usually have to apologise and move it back to the beginning.
  • edited August 2022
    If the playing queue is not empty, you can clear it (see https://musicspeedchanger.com/forum/discussion/275/accessing-and-editing-the-playing-queue#latest for where the menu item to clear it is)

Then instead of clicking on a song, click on the three-dot menu next to each song and select "Add to playing queue". The song will be loaded and you can play it at your leisure.