album displayed several times

Dear all,

for any tracks (not for all) I have tho following problem:

- 3 Tracks have the same album-name on tag (for example "Latin Boogalú")
- on the tab "albums" three albums with only one title are displayed
-> not ok in my opinion

- othter Tracks with album-name on tag ist "ballroom nights" (for example)
- on the tab "albums" one albums with three tracks are displayed
- ok in my opinion :-)

What could be the cause?

Many thank's ..

Comments

• The cause for this is that tracks are not grouped by album name but a file internal mapping to an album. Tracks that "should be" in the same album but aren't often happens when tracks are acquired from different sources that each assign different internal album ids to the tracks.

Music Speed Changer will group tracks into the same album if they are saved as new tracks and put in the same folder on the device. So you could use that as a workaround to group some of your media that you want to get grouped into an album. Saving creates a duplicate without the old track's internal info. You can then use the tag editor to add the album name and if the tracks reside in the same folder, they will get grouped in the same album. You want to turn the preamp off for a straight save if you chose to do this to maintain the original volume.

The best way to avoid the incorrect album mappings is to acquire media from official sources. That way the track will come with the official proper internal album mapping and always be grouped correctly.