Why do the web/Chromium versions of Music Speed Changer not have smooth audio like Android?

Music Speed Changer is one of my favorite apps on Android because I like to listen to my music at different speeds and pitches for fun. So I naturally wanted to also bring this experience to the desktop. However, whenever I use these versions, the audio does not sound smooth like the Android version. It sounds like it is skipping or something, sorta like how modern versions of the YouTube player handle speed changes. I am just curious why this is. I've never really understood why I have to use something like Bluestacks if I want Music Speed Changer to sound smooth like on Android. I am only asking why this is as a simple question.

Comments

• I have the same question. I have used the web version for years and it was always smooth up until a month or two ago. Now when I play tracks I hear static and skipping regardless of whether I'm playing them at 100% or less. I have tried installing and uninstalling the web version with no luck. Tracks play smoothly through my Android phone.
  • Same here, i really loved the webapp, but everytime i use it the audio start cracking :cry:
  • It always stutters for me too on the web app. It was working earlier this month then it started stuttering... and it still does to this day. Tried everything, using a different device, restarting device, disconnecting and reconnecting Wi-Fi, clearing browser cache, and using different browsers. It doesn’t lag on the extension. Hopefully the iOS version comes out soon because all the pitch changer apps on iOS currently either don’t work well or cost money... and this web app bug will be fixed.
  • We have gotten reports of this lately, it seems to be tied to an update in Chromium browsers. It does not seem to affect Mozilla browsers, so we recommend using Firefox with the web app until more Chromium updates resolve the issue or we have time to figure out what to change on our end, but for us this is currently low priority. Our main focus right now is the iOS app. Firefox is free and works great: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/